At Park Mains we are continually striving for excellence in all areas of school life. Throughout this year, pupils have demonstrated a strong desire to develop a positive school ethos and community.
There have been significant improvements in school uniform since Covid mitigations were relaxed by the Scottish Government. While the vast majority of our young people are wearing school uniform to the correct standard, there is still some room for improvement. As we approach the end of the summer term, we thought it would be helpful to highlight our uniform policy so that all parents/carers are aware of our expectations that all pupils are in full school uniform for the start of the new session.
The expectations for Park Mains uniform are:
- footwear pupils must wear smart all-black footwear
- white shirt a formal white shirt must be worn tucked in
- school tie all pupils must wear a school tie (ties can be purchased from the school office priced £5 for a senior tie and £3 for a junior tie)
- formal black trousers or black skirt
- school blazer should be worn by all S5 & 6 and we encourage all S1- S4 pupils to do the same
- outerwear dark, plain jackets can be worn, jackets must be removed in class
The main issue we have had recently is the significant number of pupils wearing footwear with white markings / soles, which does not meet our current dress code standards. When purchasing new footwear for your child, we would appreciate it if you could ensure footwear is all-black.
Please find below a link to our current uniform booklet for further information:
As always, we appreciate your support as we continue to develop a positive and vibrant learning community.