Every parent or carer of a pupil at Park Mains is a member of the Parent Forum and the Parent Council is a small group of around 20 parents who represent them. There are four other co-opted members of the parent council: 2 members of staff plus the School Captains. The head teacher attends in an advisory capacity.
The Parent Council meets every month (excluding schools holidays) and meetings are open to all parents and carers.
Meetings are informal and are held in the management suit. We have returned to fully face to face in 2023-24 and all meetings are on a Monday evening at 7pm.
Parent council meeting dates for 2023/24 are as follows:
- 11th September,
- 9th October,
- 13th November,
- 11th December,
- 29th January,
- 4th March,
- 22nd April,
- 3rd June
Parent Councils have an important role to play in ensuring that children’s education is enriched by parents’ valuable life experience, individual personal skills and unique knowledge of their own child.
The Parent Council aims to:
- provide a voice for parents on issues that are important to them and their children
- help the school to understand how to most effectively involve parents in their children’s learning and in the life of the school
- support the school and headteacher in developing strong home/school partnerships
- support the school in its development and improvement, and in understanding and making links with the wider community
- capture the unique and varied skills, interests, knowledge and experience that parents can offer.
- help with fundraising
For more information on parental involvement or to find out about parents as partners in their children’s learning, visit the Parentzone website at https://education.gov.scot/parentzone/
To contact the parent council directly please email PMHSParentCouncilSecretary@outlook.com
The parent council also have a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PMHSParentCouncil