McLaughlin & Harvey
McLaughlin & Harvey are one of the leading Building and Civil Engineering Contractors operating throughout the UK and Ireland.
As a Trainee Quantity Surveyor you will undertake a degree in Quantity Surveying and develop into the role of a Quantity Surveyor
who is responsible for negotiating and concluding a contract for the supply of work, goods, materials and services. During the
development period the Trainee Quantity Surveyor will assist the Quantity Surveyor and carry out some administration duties.
Assist with the procurement of Sub-Contractors.
• Assist with the preparation of Sub-Contract Orders.
• Contribute to the preparation of Monthly Valuations.
• Assist with Payment of Sub-Contractors and Cash Flow Forecasting.
• Support the Quantity Surveyor with the preparation of Costs and Budgets.
• Review and undertake site measurements
• Assist with the preparation of internal & external monthly reports.
• Liaise with all members of the Site team, e.g. Project Manager, Site Manager, Design Manager.
• Liaise with other departments within the business e.g. Estimating & Finance.
For Year 1 entry: SQA Higher Minimum of BBC For Year 2 entry: SQA HNC Quantity Surveying or Built Environment subject with B in the Graded Unit
£16,720 per yearGlasgowFull-time (40 Hours)Glasgow Caledonian University20/06/2019SCQF level 10 – Honours Degree
More information available on :-www.apprenticeships.scot