The Smallpeice Trust is offering FREE places for female S4 students on CyberFirst Futures non-residential course at The University of Glasgow from 17 July – 21 July 2017.
This 4 day non-residential course offers students aged 15-16 (date of birth must be between 1 Sept 2000 and 31 August 2001) the opportunity to learn cyber security threats to devices, apps and software and to investigate different methods of protecting them. This will give students an excellent overview of the exciting challenges involved in a cyber security career.
In addition to first and foremost, being interactive, educational and fun, this Smallpeice course will enable students to:
1. participate in a university course with other students from around the UK,
2. gain real work experience that accelerates personal development and potential for greater academic achievement
3. acquire the confidence in their academic ability to believe they have the potential to flourish
4. begin to explore a range of possible STEM careers that are open to them
5. get a head start on enhancing future CVs and UCAS applications
The CyberFirst course is FREE and includes all course materials and supervised activities.
Students would have to make their own way to-and-from the course.
Details and applications for the course can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/information/cyberfirst-futures
Please note that students will have to complete an on-line assessment. All queries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org