The recruitment of Modern Apprentices is a fair, open and merit based process (16+) and with permanence from the start of the apprenticeship. Applicants must be unemployed or contracted to work 16 hours or less a week. Please state you meet these requirements on your application. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria will be invited to interview.
There may be a need to occasionally work night shift or weekend shifts depending on the business need. This post attracts an 11.5% pensionable shift allowance.
• Provide security for the front desk at a Scottish Government building ensuring only people with the correct access get into the building, whilst also assisting visitors by welcoming them and contacting their meeting hosts.
• Responsibility for opening and the closing a main Scottish Government building.
• Carrying out security patrols, monitoring CCTV and reporting security incidents to the Security and Business Continuity team.
• Work as part of the building distribution team by collecting and sorting mail and collecting and preparing parcels
• Set up meeting and conference facilities and assisting staff with IT in these rooms and also assisting with light portering duties.
• Carrying out other miscellaneous administrative functions that are associated with the reception and distribution environments.
What will I learn?
Throughout the first 12 months the candidate will be expected to gain a relevant SVQ qualification. Support will be provided by a qualified assessor who will work with the successful candidate on a monthly basis. Time will be given to work on your qualification, this includes delivering 2 presentations
£18,392 – £20,732 per year Glasgow Full-time (37 Hours) Scottish Government 06/11/2018 SCQF level 5
Further information available on :- www.apprenticeships.scot