Work Experience – Points to Remember
- DO NOT fill out a self -found form for a placement that is on the WorkIT website. If it is on the website, you MUST apply through the website.
- If you are applying for a place on WorkIT you MUST fill out the profile section. If you do not fill out this section your application WILL NOT be considered.
- It is the pupil’s responsibility to check WorkIT to see if they have been allocated the placement they have requested. If your placement is declined, you will need to apply for another or find a self-found place.
- The school is unable to find a placement for you. There are places available on the WorkIT site. If you a struggling to find a place we will try to assist you as best we can, but it is up to you to find your own placement.
- Posters will be put up in the corridor next to the assembly hall showing what places are available on WorkIT and details of companies that have previously taken pupils on a self- found basis.
- Pupils wishing to go to the NHS, Arnold Clark, Rashilea Primary or Barsail Primary should speak to Mrs Hards in the school office as there are slightly different procedures for these placements.
- NHS placements – It is easier if you can find your own NHS place. If you are looking for the NHS to find you a place, there is no guarantee that this will be possible. Anyone wishing an NHS place should see Mrs Hards for a separate NHS Form.
Work Experience Presentation 2016-17