:::: MENU ::::

Listening to learn – Complaints, Comments and suggestions

  • Oct 19 / 2014
  • Comments Off on Listening to learn – Complaints, Comments and suggestions

Listening to learn – Complaints, Comments and suggestions

Renfrewshire Council encourages feedback on its services from parents and pupils as part of our overall commitment to giving the best possible service and to working in partnership. We are, therefore, interested in feedback of all kinds, whether it be compliments, suggestions or complaints.

If you want to register a comment of any type about the school you can do this by writing, telephoning or making an appointment to see someone. All feedback is welcome and keeps us in touch.

If, in particular, you have a complaint about the school, please let us know. It is better that these things are shared openly and resolved fairly, rather than being allowed to damage the relationship between the family and the school. There will be no negative consequences arising from making a complaint and we will deal with the issue as confidentially as possible. If we have made a mistake we will apologise quickly and clearly and try to put things right.

There are some things which you should take note of in relation to making a complaint:

  • It is helpful if complaints are made initially to the head teacher. This makes sure that the school knows what is going on and has an opportunity to respond and resolve the issue.
  • It is helpful if you can give some details of the issue and ask for an early appointment to discuss it.
  • We will try to respond as quickly as possible, but often issues are complex and we need time to investigate.
  • If you are still unhappy with the service or with our response then you will have the right to take up the matter further. You can put your complaint in writing or fill in a complaint form, available in the school or any council office. We can help if you have difficulty with this. Completed forms should be sent to: Renfrewshire Council, Education and Leisure Services, Renfrewshire House, Cotton Street, Paisley, PA1 1LE. Telephone 0141 618 7201.
  • If you are still unhappy after the further investigation and reply you can take the matter up with the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman, our reply will include the contact details.
  • You should also note that you have the right to raise unresolved concerns with your local councillor, MSP or MP.