There will continue to be 3 ‘high level’ priorities for 2013/14 in PMHS
- Improving pupil achievement (including attainment)
- Improving Learning & Teaching (L&T)
- Improving the management of resources
Key areas for improvement will fit under these as follows:
Improving Pupil Achievement
- Continue to analyse whole-school data and take appropriate action to improve aspects of attainment including support for pupils at risk of exclusion, discontinuity of learning and low attainment
Improving Learning & Teaching
Implementing Curriculum for Excellence – continue to implement all aspects of Curriculum for Excellence particularly:
- Evaluating and reviewing S1 – S3 BGE.
- Implementing S4 (National 4/5) courses and Assessments (including moderation) and reporting.
- Developing coursework for S5 using final NQ subjects specifications including assessment materials.
Enhancing the focus on L & T methodology:
- Interdisciplinary learning across departments as well as Literacy, Numeracy and Health & Well-being.
- Use of Active Learning, AifL, cooperative learning, ICT.
- Increasing pupils’ responsibility in their learning.
- Differentiation in classrooms to improve meeting pupils’ needs.
Improving the Management of Resources
- ICT strategy (Print Strategy)
- Effective and efficient use of ‘reduced’ resources.
- Sustainable development (including recycling, energy efficiency, litter)