Behind The Noise are hosting our annual Further Education Open Day this coming Saturday, 2nd December at The Classic Grand, 18 Jamaica St. Glasgow G1 4QD. The event will run from 12pm till 3pm.
Representatives from UWS, West College, Academy of Music & Sound, Glasgow Kelvin, Glasgow Caledonian and SAE will briefly present courses they have on offer relating to the creative industries. Pupils will then have the opportunity to speak with lecturers regarding their own individual situation.
We realise that some of you may not be taking part in Behind The Noise this year however we are happy to extend the invitation to all pupils you feel may benefit from attending. The event is a great opportunity for pupils to find out more about what courses are available to them.
Team members visited Park Mains High School on Monday 6th November 2017.
They provided presentations to 214 S3 pupils studying Modern Languages and spoke to our pupils in French and German
The team introduced themselves and gave details about the company, for example:
- 2500 people work in Erskine
- Software department sells products to 30 countries
- Telemarketing takes place from ErskineThe team spoke to our pupils about the importance of languages in the workplace. Although pupils may not immediately recognize the importance of languages, there are more job opportunities for those studying modern languages. Learning languages shows a willingness to be open-minded and ability to work in a team. The team had also organised games for our S3 pupils.
- The event was very successful. Feedback from pupils has been really positive and we would like to continue to liaise with HP and increase the links with HP and Park Mains High School.
- For example, if you study French, there are work opportunities in Canada, and Africa, as well as European French speaking countries.
CITY OF GLASGOW COLLEGE Saturday 20th January from 10am-3pm.
We are holding an Open Day at our new state of the art campus in Glasgow City Centre. This is a chance for you to come in and find out about full-time courses available at the college. Online applications for our full-time courses open on Weds 17th January and the Open Day will be a great opportunity for you to find out more about the courses on offer.
- View facilities in our new state of the art campus
- discuss course options, entry requirements and career paths with course lecturers
- find out more about funding
- Take part in hands-on activities
No need to book just pop in on the day – we look forward to seeing you!!
Morgan Stanley Apprenticeship
The apprenticeship applications are now open again for Finance (ACCA) and Technology (BSc IT Management for Business).
Our applications are open until 9th February 2018. Below are the links for more information on each of the programmes.
Our programmes provide the opportunity for those who are both ambitious and academically strong, to study towards a qualification, whilst gaining practical industry experience and earning a salary.
Finance Apprentice Programme – click here for further information
Technology Professional Degree Programme – click here for further information
Application deadline for both programmes is 9th February 2018.
Any further questions can be directed to email@example.com
PMHS Bike Club
The Bike Club has taken delivery of 10 Mountain Bikes and we will be assembling them, with the assistance of Decathlon Braehead Cycle Mechanics, after school on Wednesday 22nd November. Any pupil or Staff Member who is interested in building and servicing the bikes should come down to the PE department at the end of the day.