Testing Assistant at DXC.technologies (based at HP)
Performs dry run testing and formal execution of testware under supervision.
Identifies and reports issues, recommending solutions and following established test / quality assurance methodology. Determines appropriate test to conduct
and executes identified business-focused regression tests and tests of defects corrected by software developers. May author test materials with guidance.
What might a typical day in this job look like?
- Identify appropriate tests to conduct based upon issues to be evaluated. Tests product business functions by executing integration and system test scripts, configuration test questionnaires, and regression tests.
• Learn to upgrade existing scripts by developing and incorporating new functionality based upon requested need.
• Reviews and analyzes test results; identifies issues and concerns and recommends course of action.
• Works in conjunction with technical development staff to support and analyze testing issues and determine technical resolutions; investigates, gathers and furnishes additional information about functional defects including log files, procedures to reproduce, etc.,
• Identifies issues and determines appropriate course of action by applying testing and quality assurance methodology;
• Ensures technology, software, etc., used meets client needs and addresses testing issues
What will I learn?
• Our Software and Web Development apprenticeship programme gives you the qualifications, skills and technical grounding in the most popular technologies and programming languages.
• SQA SCQF 6 Diploma in ICT and Telecommunication Professional (equivalent to working at Advanced Higher/HNC level)
What qualification or qualities are required?
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English
£14,500 – £14,500 per year Erskine Full-time (37.5 Hours) QA Apprenticeships 13/10/2018 SCQF level 6/7
More information available on :-www.apprenticeships.scot