Parent Council Fundraising
Our target for this year is to raise £3,000 towards the cost of a 3D printer/scanner. Pupils across the school in most subject areas will benefit from this new equipment along with groups of pupils in Enterprise group, Eco group, Duke of Edinburgh and STEM.
We raised £200 at the Christmas Concert, and have now reached £1,700. Thank you for your contributions.
We are always grateful for raffle donations and these can be handed into the school office at any time.
Work Experience – Points to Remember
- DO NOT fill out a self -found form for a placement that is on the WorkIT website. If it is on the website, you MUST apply through the website.
- If you are applying for a place on WorkIT you MUST fill out the profile section. If you do not fill out this section your application WILL NOT be considered.
- It is the pupil’s responsibility to check WorkIT to see if they have been allocated the placement they have requested. If your placement is declined, you will need to apply for another or find a self-found place.
- The school is unable to find a placement for you. There are places available on the WorkIT site. If you a struggling to find a place we will try to assist you as best we can, but it is up to you to find your own placement.
- Posters will be put up in the corridor next to the assembly hall showing what places are available on WorkIT and details of companies that have previously taken pupils on a self- found basis.
- Pupils wishing to go to the NHS, Arnold Clark, Rashilea Primary or Barsail Primary should speak to Mrs Hards in the school office as there are slightly different procedures for these placements.
- NHS placements – It is easier if you can find your own NHS place. If you are looking for the NHS to find you a place, there is no guarantee that this will be possible. Anyone wishing an NHS place should see Mrs Hards for a separate NHS Form.
The S4 Parent’s Interview evening will take place this Thursday, 19th January 2107 between 4.45pm and 7.15pm in the school. All S4 pupils received their annual report last Friday 13th January to take home to parents/guardians. This report also included a Course Choice options form for each pupil to consider, complete and return to the school after the Parent’s Evening.
Pupils will be given the opportunity to discuss their options choice for next year with their Guidance Teacher as part of the Course Choice process.
Due to the increase in roll this season we have appointed another English Teacher (Miss Dyer), a Maths Teacher (Mrs Flannigan) and a part-time Science Teacher (Mrs Metivier) on a temporary basis. Mr Campbell was successful in being appointed to Acting Principal Teacher of Maths at St. Benedict’s High School and we wish him well in his new post.
We will also welcome Ms McGuigan as a Classroom Assistant, Ms Kane as an Additional Support Needs Assistant and Ms. Eck in the office, in the New Year.
From the last newsletter it was proposed that a launch of PMHS Twitter and Facebook would occur sometime this term. Unfortunately, this has not been possible but we are hoping that a launch in early January will enable parents to access any updates to the website via these social media formats. Please continue to notify us of any of your child’s achievements through the school email address or a call to the school office.